The Tiger Years:

Lara's Chinese Odyssey: from Huaibei to Harbin, Harbin to Shenyang, Shenyang to HohHot, HohHot to the United States, the United States to Xi'an, and the adventures scattered in between...

Sunday 6 November 2011

Halloween party



















So We had a Halloween party for our students in the middle of a mall.



Not going to lie it was more than just a little ridiculous. Partly in the silly "let's make asses of ourselves for the sake of the children", as well as being forced to something I didn't really feign much interest for. Students had to pay about 300 RMB (about $50) to attend. They dressed up and a group were preselected to basically parade across the stage in predetermined costumes, with a script of things to say.



As teachers we had to dress up in different costumes that the school pretty much told us what we were going to be, they ordered it and that was that. I was told I had to be a witch and they ordered me a pink hat and a neon pink hat. I took it an extra mile with my in your face orange nails and then the heinous purple dress I had made that I thought was going to look a lot better as a finished product then it did. In the end, I looked pretty stupid.




The children after being paraded across the stage then were also preselected (as in a week before) came up to play various games like a spoon and ping pong game, pumpkin pass, pumpkin coloring, and a lot of group games while we made overall asses of ourselves.




The icing on the cake, I'm sure as the puppet masters watched us make complete idiots of ourselves, was that we did a modified version of Thriller on stage. We did a Scottish fling dance. I'm sure people watching found it amusing, and I'm sure I'll find it funny in 5 years that I did it. I'm sure you're laughing as you look at the pictures and reading my blunt description of our assholeness.



The pictures pretty much capture the essence of the party itself.


I leave you with a picture of the whole staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment