The Tiger Years:

Lara's Chinese Odyssey: from Huaibei to Harbin, Harbin to Shenyang, Shenyang to HohHot, HohHot to the United States, the United States to Xi'an, and the adventures scattered in between...

Monday 24 October 2011

ramndom

okay so it's been about a month since I've posted anything.

The news seems pretty boring. I'll just write.

The manager team of the school I moved to has chosen to leave. The Irish man, James, who was the man who originally hired me, was the director of studies at my point of hire. He hired me back in early March. I took the job in April, moved here in the beginning of May. At that point he switched his position to just being the senior teacher. He hired me mostly because he wanted help landing the Bank of Inner Mongolia. updated all of my banking lesson plans and pitched it and landed it. James decided he no longer wanted to be director of studies.

In the time between me being hired and coming to HohHot, Scott, a Canadian became the director of studies. He was the senior teacher, at the time I was hired, so it wasn't that he was a random addition, but it was the pair of these two that I moved to HohHot for. It's going to be awkward with out them since that was the primary reason I came here.

Classes are going relatively well. Still needing regular feedback from my teaching assistants as well as other staff. I am now teaching a lot of kindergarten aged kids, mostly because I have no shame in making an overall ass of myself.

I'm taking a painting class. Things with that are going well, as I had an art show about a month ago and James just paid me to do some paintings for holiday gifts.

My stomach has been giving me a lot of trouble since I've been in China. I've had a lot of issues mostly since January of last year. I'll be coming home to have this looked at. Don't really know how to feel about this. Will be home for Thanksgiving.

That's me in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment